Mooc by Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
(February 2017, in American-English, duration about 10 h, platform canvas.net)
The course is comprised of two modules over a two-week period, consisting of several pre-recorded presentations, coupled with interactive discussion boards, supporting links and videos, and faculty and subject matter experts responding to attendees questions/comments.
Module 1 :
- 1.1 – sUAS Core Concepts
- 1.2 – sUAS Extras
- 1.3 – Discussion: The Planning Conundrum
- 1.4 – FAA Part 107 Introduction and Considerations
- 1.5 – Module 1 Quiz
Module 2 :
- 2.1 – sUAS Core Concepts
- 2.2 – sUAS Extras
- 2.3 – Cool Tools: Where on Earth Am I?
- 2.4 – Discussion: You and the National Airspace System (NAS)
- 2.5 – Module 2 Quiz
There is no prerequisite knowledge related to this course apart from basic to intermediate computer literacy. To be successful in this course, you should plan to spend approximately 3 to 5 hours a week working on each module. For me, sUAS was a new topic. So, I enjoyed especially the basic information and interesting / amazing video links in module 1. Module 2 is more about the US National Airspace System, a subject, that I’d already studied in the Aviation Mooc of ERAU
For those of you pursuing the Record of Attendance, the following requirements must be met:
- Review all main content pages, including Module Overviews and Wrap-Ups as well as the pages containing the readings and recorded lectures.
- Participate in the module discussion activities.
- Score at least 80 points in the module quizzes (my personal score was 100 points in each module quiz)
At the end of the course, upon successful completion of the aforementioned requirements for both modules, you will be given access to the MOOC Completion Form, in which you will enter your name as you would like it to appear on your certificate as well as the email address to which you would like us to send your certificate. Note: Your Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (sUAS) – Key Concepts for New Users MOOC Record of Attendance will be sent to you via email within 30 days after the end of the course.
Reinhard Finke – VdN