About this Course
Participants in this course will be taught the technological aspects of aircraft engines, their design, and operation. Additionally, economical parameters and legal issues of approval will be introduced. Based on the flight mission analysis and other constraints, the methodology and objective of engine design will be illustrated taking into account component matching and aircraft integration. Furthermore, participants will learn to estimate the technological potential of advanced propulsion concepts.
What you’ll learn
- Mission Analysis & requirements Statutory registration regulations
- Overall design of a jet engine
- Component design of Compressor, Turbine, Combustion chamber and Nozzle
- Coupling of Compressor & Turbine with Nozzle
- Novel concepts (GTF, Oper Rotor, Electrical drives, MEE)
- Novel thermodynamic cycles (Intercooling, heat exchanger, new fuels)
The Course structure
This course is a co-production of the Institute of Jet Propulsion and Turbomachinery of TUBS and the Institute of Turbomachinery and Fluid Dynamics of LUH.
Reinhard Finke – VdN