Mooc offered by Samara State Aerospace University.
Platform : Stepik
Language : English
Instructor : Prokhor
Commitment : about 6 – 8 hours (personal experience)
Requirement : non
Credential : no; but possibility to save results and scores by screenshots
Course description :
In this course you will learn about civil aviation in the Russian economy, the role of an engineer of aircraft technical maintenance, and training facilities and benefits at Samara University.
About the course
After completing the course, students will know:
- he state of the civil aviation of the Russian Federation, and its tasks;
- majors popular in the Russian civil aviation;
- the role of maintenance engineers to ensure the flights of aircraft;
- types and features of maintenance and repair of aircraft;
- benefits of training at Samara University;
- possible scope of activities of Samara University graduate with a major in “Technical maintenance of aircraft and aircraft engines”
Interesting and well structured Mooc about Technical maintenance of commercial airlines. It adresses to further students in aeronautical engineering and gives an idea of technical skills and responsibilities to manage. Video lectures (followed by transcriptions) and external videos are about aviation engineering services, brief descriptions of aircraft components and structures, and types of aircraft maintenance services. You also learn facts about the state of the Russian civil aviation industry, and what kind of education options, qualifications and job-training Samara State Aerospace University offers.
After each lesson, you can achieve a multiple choice question test. There is no limit in attempts, but proposed answers are changing in order and content. Quizzes contain also some cloze tests, but currently they don’t seem to work (correct answers don’t match).
You can comment the lessons, but as the Mooc is self-paced, there are no possibilities to discuss with other students.
A very good introduction to aviation engineering and maintenance skills for future students.